Photo contest winners announced
The results are in! Design in the Wild photo contest winners were announced this evening by Professor Eero Aarnio and our very own Ulla-Maaria. See the Facebook event for pictures from the awards ceremony and party.
1. The grand prize was awarded to Henri Aho of Vaasa, Finland, for his photo of the Harry Bertoia Side Chair.
A snippet from the Jury’s comment: “There is a clandestine and mysterious air about this picture: a hooded person hurrying up the stairs of a concrete church designed by Aarno Ruusuvuori with a Harry Bertoia Side Chair. Is she on her way to a randez-vous? Or committing something subversive?”
2. City Boy Picnic Barbeque by young Finnish design group Selki-Asema. Photo by Elina Aalto, Finland.
“A young man enjoying his hot barbeque, sausage, beer, and cigarette after a sauna. An urban warrior determined to hold on to the traditional Nordic lifestyle.”
3. Assorted design objects on a table. By Jonas Forth from Vaasa, Finland.
“A beautiful collection of rare classic vintage design objects. This set belongs in the home of a true design connoisseur”
4. Random Lights by Dutch designer Bertjan Pot. Photo by Timo Arnall from Oslo, Norway.
The Jury couldn’t put it better than a commenter on the site: “It is as if someone is trying to sell happiness”
5. Honorary mention from Design Eero Aarnio: Sari Hermiö’s photo of her cat exploring the EverGreen Watering Can designed by Eero Aarnio.
“A cozy photo that shows a glimpse of a real home with its many inhabitants”
Last but not least, the winner of the popular vote was Helena Hagberg’s photo of three Iittala lanters designed by Alvar Aalto. It received an honorary mention from Iittala.
“A dramatic composition that presents a classic Iittala product in literally a new light”
Congratulations to all the winners!