Featuring hidden clips and tracks in your ThingLink images
Many ThingLink users have asked us about how to feature hidden tracks from YouTube and Soundcloud in ThingLink images. We’ve tweaked things a bit and made it really simple to tag image using clips and tracks that have been marked secret on YouTube and SoundCloud. Here’s how:
In this post by Google, they describe in detail how to unlist your clips on YouTube. Here’s the short version:
1. Sign into your YouTube Account
3. Choose the video you want to edit and click the Edit button below the video thumbnail.
4. Scroll down to the Basic Info tab and find the Privacy section.
5. You’ll see the option to make the video Public, Unlisted, or Private.
6. Select Unlisted. Make sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
7. Copy the URL of your video
8. Paste the URL into ThingLink’s tag editor and you’re set to go.
After this, only the viewers seeing the interactive image will be able to see the unlisted video.
Soundcloud has full instruction on how to make your tracks secret, but here’s the short story:
1. Create or select a track on SoundCloud.com.
2. Click the pen to edit the track’s preferences.
3. Scroll down to Settings and select Private. The default is Public. Now the track is hidden.
4. Click Save and go back to your track.
5. Click Share on your track and a dropdown menu will appear.
6. Copy the Secret link.
7. Paste it into ThingLink’s tag editor and you’re done.
Only the viewers seeing the interactive image will be able to listen to the hidden track.