ThingLink Launches Teacher Accounts with Safe Search and Student Signup
Today we have released a significant update to one of our most active communities: education. This update includes the following features
* Google Plus login
* Student signup: Teachers can now register new students on their behalf. The students do not need to have a working email address, yet they all will receive an individual user account.”
* Automatic group creation on Teacher sign-up: Teachers will automatically get one group to which they can add students by listing their names
* Automatic student/teacher signup based on email domain. School districts can now apply for Thinglink Educational status, which means that students can automatically sign up with their own accounts, and receive teacher/student privileges
* Safe browsing environment: If the logged-in user is assigned student status, they can only see images created by other people with student status, teacher status, or images specifically curated by Thinglink Staff. This affects search, streams, hashtags, and channels.
* Google Video safe search. If the user is assigned student status, we automatically apply the maximum limits to Google Video search.
The next three weeks are going to be all about ThingLink for educational use. We are extremely happy to have Susan Oxnevad as ThingLink’s guest blogger for February and March. In addition to insightful articles, Susan will also create video tutorials and demonstrate how teachers can make the best use of the new features. Here is her first article on Creating Interactive Albums with ThingLink’s new Channel feature.
We look forward to keeping you posted on the new features, and ThingLink’s next steps in education. Would you like to review some our new features on your blog, organise a webinar or training? Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!