Explore Biltmore Estate, created by Donna Baumbach for the ThingLink Teacher Challenge. Donna is a retired edtech/edmedia professor at UCF, as well as, a longtime ThingLink Certified Educator. Get inspired by Donna's popular slideshow, 73+ Ways to Use ThingLink in the Classroom?
We are excited to share a channel of activities submitted by participants during the third week of our self-paced summer professional learning. As more activities are submitted, they will be added to this slideshow. Please explore the activities through the channel below and learn more about channels so you can curate your own resources.
Explore a Channel of Interactive Virtual Field Trips
Learn More About Channels
ThingLink Channels have a few differents purposes. During the Teacher Challenge, we have been using Channels to curate collections of activities submitted for each of the themes. The slideshow view above is a great way to view and explore the set of interactive 360 images, but you can access all of the images in the Channel by clicking on the icon below.
Clicking on the link to view the Channel on ThingLink will open up opportunities to explore any of the images in the Channel without having to scroll through the slideshow. This is also a way to create your own collections of 360 images.
- Click on the link to view the Channel on ThingLink.com: Create a Virtual Tour
- This is the full-screen slideshow view. It takes you through each slide in the order that it was added to the Channel. This is a great way to showcase students work.
- Focus your attention on the icons in the upper right corner. Select the icon pictured above to view the image list, all of the interactive images in the Channel.
- Click on any image in the list to explore, curate, or clone it.
Get Teacher Challenge Resources
The ThingLink Teacher Challenge poster and task cards were created with ThingLink Premium, using our regular image editor and EDU icons. All of these features are included in your Premium Teacher Account.
The poster and task cards serve as a place to document the learning and growth of this summer of learning. Watch these resources grow!
Click the magnifying glass icon to view the Task Card for each activity. On each task card, you will find
- A Google Doc with step-by-step directions.
- FAQs: A set of slides we are building to answer questions as they come in.
- A grid with tutorials and support documentation to help you complete each of the steps.
- The channel of curated 360/VR images collected for each week’s challenge.
- A link to our Teacher Challenge Support page.
ThingLink Summer Teacher Challenge Activities