Engaging our students through video tagged with ThingLink, can be a way to introduce a topic and have them interact with content. Our image of the week comes to us from the amazing, Certified Educator: Christi Collins.
Interactive video can be a great way to pause what the students are watching so they can check-in with an interactive questionnaire or view a resource via weblink. Christi’s ThingLink Video provides a great example of an ‘appsmash’ where she takes a created Powtoons and tags it in ThingLink with:
- Activity pause points (paper plate infographic)
- Informal review (formal letter; author’s purpose)
- Formative assessment (Google form)
Learning Standards to Support Tagging Video with Tasks Engaging in Content
- ISTE Standards for Educators 5b (Designer)
- Design authentic learning activities that align with content area standards and use digital tools and resources to maximize active, deep learning.
Share a video which can be enhanced through tags as a ThingLink Video. Tweet to #TL_Video