The Australian Open Tennis Championship used ThingLink throughout the 2015 tournament to cover various matches with interactive image recaps. Tennis fans were able to interact with and unlock content like never before.
Turning sports images into a media rich experience
What we find especially interesting here, is the creative combination of images, video, audio, and social media in sports photography. In the images below you will find:
1. audioBoom audio clips featuring commentator match clips and post game interviews
2. YouTube video highlights of the tournament,
3. Social media: Instagram photos and live tweets from during his match.
Explore more from the Australian Open, ThingLink and audioBoom:
– Stan into semis featuring clips from audioBoom, Instagram photos, and live tweets of Stan Wawrinka’s loss to Kei Nishikori.
– Sounds of the Women’s Final featuring clips from audioBoom – Serena Williams wins her sixth Australian Open title against Maria Sharapova
– Sounds of the Men’s Final featuring clips from audioBoom – Top ranked Novak Djokovic wins his fifth Australian Open title against Andy Murray
SOURCE: 2015 Australian Tennis Open Official Website
3 tips for sports journalists
1. Images are a great communication platforms for journalists and live reporters. If you are reporting about a sports event, give your images and videos a voice with audioBoom or SoundCloud playercard tags.
2. Curate multiple pieces of media content into your images and make the image a window to the whole event and related content.
3. Sports fans love the extras. Use ThingLink to deliver your readers another way to unlock content about their favorite players and teams.
Interested in learning more? Sign up today at thinglink.com!